CLASSICAL CHURCH ORGANS
Viscount Classical Organ Warehouse, UK
HULL CITY HALL ORGAN
The organ was built by local firm Foster and Andrews in March 1911.
During the Second World War the organ narrowly escaped destruction when the Luftwaffe bombed the city.
Since then it has undergone two restorations including a major refurbishment between 1985 and 1991 costing over £300,000.
Bridgette playing the organ at
Pickering Parish Church,
ST MARY'S CHURCH SOUTHAMPTONAmong the largest church organs along the South Coast, the instrument was built by Henry Willis III.
It was completed in 1956, and incorporates some “Father Willis” pipework from the former Albert Hall organ in Stirling. Installed some two years after the opening of London’s epoch-making Festival Hall organ, it is interesting to see , by contrast, that the Southampton instrument had, indeed still has, some three Open Diapason stops of 8′ pitch on the Great organ; that the Great and Swell chorus reeds were on 7″ wind, and that the Pedal Tubas at 32′, 16′ and 8′ were on 15″ wind.
Bridgette on the 3-manual Viscount Grand Opera Classical Organ.
BRIDGETTE JUPP BA (HONS) MUSIC
The Klavar®™ Music School International
and may not be reproduced or republished without the written
permission of the copyright holder.
KLAVAR: Registered Trade Mark No: 1547089
KLAVARSKRIBO: Registered Trade Mark No: 2007199
Copyright © 1993-2015. The Klavar®™ Music School International